This article will compare Siberpoo vs Bernedoodle as many people don’t know which puppy is a good fit for their lifestyle. They just see a cute and adorable puppy and set their heart to buy it. But people need to do some research to select the good one according to their lifestyle as they are going to make it a family member.
This article will help those who decided to buy any one of them but don’t know much about these breeds. People need to know their origins, temperament, training, energy level, coat type, and size to know about these breeds.
Siberpoo Vs Bernedoodle
- Siberpoo and the Bernedoodle both have poodle parents, which reflects in their intelligence and loyalty to their owners. The poodle is a hunting dog in France and Germany. The different sizes of the poodle are crossed to get the different sizes of the Siberpoo and Bernedoodle. The adoring nature and the non-shedding coats of the poodle also reflect in Siberpoo and Bernedoodle
- Siberpoos are also known as Huskypoo or Husky Doodles as they are half Siberian husky. They are genetically closely related to the Taimyr wolf and engineered for the cold Arctic weather. Siberpoos are loyal to their owners and come from strong genetics, which makes them very intelligent and quick thinkers. They don’t have an exact origin as they are a recent crossbreed.
- Bernedoodles are half Bernese mountain dogs, which is an excellent herding dog. Bernese mountain dogs are used for pulling carts of supplies due to their large size and strong nature. First Bernedoodle was bred in 2003 to get a new designer breed.
- Siberpoo is an intelligent and joyful breed, which can attract the attention of everyone. They love to spend their maximum time playing different games, but you need to take care of their training early to prevent socializing issues. So, you need constant training and attention to have a perfect Siberpoo in the family.
- Bernedoodle is a gentle dog and loves their families. They are very devoted to their owners after spending some time with their families. Their playing nature attracts many families as they enjoy doing everything you do. It is also a very affectionate breed, which can entertain you in many ways.
- Both breeds are very easy to train due to their intelligent nature. They are very sharp dog breeds and can learn everything they want and are known as a quick learner among the different dog breeds. But one thing is common in both breeds as they are also a little stubborn.
- Both require a lot of patience when you are dealing with these breeds. The time selection is very important when you are thinking about the training of both breeds. Morning time is very good for training as they are very excited in the morning and sit still to learn new things. The afternoon time after a walk is also good as they are willing to learn at that time. You can train your Siberpoo and Bernedoodle in short 20-minute bursts to get the perfect results.
- Both breeds are eager to please you, so you can get the advantage by giving them their favorite treats and praise them for their good job done. Please don’t be frustrated, as it can stop your dog from performing well.
- Siberpoos don’t perform well if they are spending much time alone. They are very active and need almost two walks a day to consume all their energy. It is a good addition to their playtime and training sessions to keep them engaged. They can become destructive around the house without the proper mental and physical stimulation. You can also provide some toys for your Siberpoo to avoid boringness.
- Bernedoodles are known for their moderate to higher energy levels. They need daily exercise to spend their day perfectly. They don’t like to spend more time alone and start to look like older dogs when they spend too much time alone, which significantly reduces their lifespan. A Bernedoodle at least needs one hour of exercise daily to stay fit and active.
- Siberpoo and Bernedoodle almost have the same hair texture as both have the same poodle parent. Both have wavy, curly, and straight hair. The straight coat Siberpoo and Bernedoodle shed more than the curly and wavy coat.
- Siberpoo coat colors include blue, brown, and black, and white, while the Bernedoodle has different color combinations, including black, brown, and white.
- Both breeds require a strict grooming schedule to maintain their coat and look. You need to brush their thick fur every day to prevent the mats and tangles. The most important body parts for brushing include the ears, elbows, and stomach. If you leave the mats for a long time, it can damage your dog’s skin. So, make sure to use a variety of brushes and combs to groom your Siberpoo and Bernedoodle.
- Your Bernedoodle and Siberpoo also need professional groomer visits every 6 to 12 weeks to maintain the perfect look. Professional groomer known about the perfect haircuts of your Bernedoodle and Siberpoo and also trims the nails of your dog.
- Siberpoo and Bernedoodle are completely different in size as a Bernedoodle comes in a variety of sizes while the Siberpoo only has one size. Many breeders claim that they have the mini size of the Siberpoo, but their average size range is about 45 to 60 pounds.
- Bernedoodle comes in three different sizes, which include the tiny, mini, and Standard Bernedoodle. The tiny Bernedoodle size varies from 10 to 24 pounds. Mini Bernedoodle has a size range of 25 to 49 pounds, and the standard Bernedoodle can get anywhere from 70 to 90 pounds.
- Siberpoos are best known for a home living dog, but they can also live in an apartment. The average lifespan of this hybrid breed is 10 to 13 years.
- Bernedoodle’s lifespan greatly varies depending upon their size, as a Bernedoodle can live 12 to 18 years. Usually, the smaller size Bernedoodles have a longer lifespan as compared to larger sizes.
Almost all breeds of the dog are prone to some health issues irrespective of their breeding.
Siberpoo Health issues
All the Siberpoos are not as healthy as the other breeds due to the improper breeding of the backyard breeders. So make sure your breeder is trusted while purchasing a Siberpoo. Some common Siberpoo health issues are:
- Food allergies
- Joint issues
- Blood clotting
- Thyroid disease
- Skin allergies
- Eye disease
Bernedoodle Health issues
Bernedoodles have fewer health issues than the Siberpoo; still, you need to check the DNA health test before buying the Bernedoodle as many inexperienced breeders don’t care about the health of Bernedoodle. Some common Bernedoodle health issues are:
- Hip and Elbow dysplasia
- Skin allergies
- Hot spots
- Eye disease
- The average cost of the Siberpoo is $650-$1200. But if they are not correctly bred, they can cost you more in medical bills. A Siberpoo requires more high-quality food than the Bernedoodles, which costs you more than the Bernedoodle combining with the grooming appointments.
- A Bernedoodle costs you $2500-$5000, which is a higher cost than the Siberpoo, but they don’t have any medical issues like the Siberpoo, which ultimately reduces the annual cost of the Bernedoodle. Moreover, they don’t eat much and don’t require any special diet like Siberpoo.
Which dog are you going to buy?
We have compared both breeds for you to make it an easier purchase for you. We hope you know which one to get between Siberpoo vs Bernedoodle. Is this helpful for you to choose your favorite dog? We hope this article gives you good information about Siberpoo and Bernedoodle.