If you are looking for a Bernedoodle, the SwissRidge is the best site to find a beautiful, intelligent, and unique Bernedoodle. SwissRidge is an ideal site for many dog lovers to find a variety of Bernedoodles. Sherry Rupke is the owner of SwissRidge Kennels, who started the crossing of Bernese Mountain Dog and the Poodle in 2003.
Rupke is the first one who started this breeding process to get Bernedoodles with colorful, excellent temperaments and great personalities. The SwissRidge are the most experienced breeders to produce the Bernedoodle dogs.
Table of Content
- Why is Swissridge Bernedoodles Famous?
- Watch SwissRidge Kennels Interview
- SwissRidge Journey
- SwissRidge Family
- Staff Members
- Boarding Facility
- SwissRidge Dogs
- SwissRidge Training
- SwissRidge Training philosophy
- Imprint Program
- Training Academy
- Pre-Trained dogs
Why is Swissridge Bernedoodles Famous?
Due to their experience, the SwissRidge Kennels has a variety of sizes and colors as compared to other breeders. Sherry Rupke started from a dog in their mom’s house after she graduated from college. After that, the dream becomes true for her. Their client list includes artists, movie stars, and athletes. SwissRidge Kennels gains the attention of the people due to the following reasons.
- SwissRidge gained reputation by producing healthy and perfect Bernedoodles. They obtain health tests before breeding and show them publically. They also treat their Bernedoodles like family members and provide lifetime support to their customers.
- SwissRidge introduces the “matchmaking” program, which is for choosing the right puppy for the right client.
- SwissRidge gains attention by producing Goldendoodles and Bernedoodles.
- They even started the breeding program on AnimalPlanet, which on-air monthly.
- They published a book, Bernedoodles, about the Bernedoodle’s complete breeding information.
- A SwissRidge Facebook page is with over 2500 engaged members, who always share their experiences.
- They provide the best foods to bernedoodles to maintain good health.
- Sherry Rupke herself looks after each of the activities related to breeding.
- They have an excellent relationship with their customers.
These are some main points that are helpful in SwissRidge-Bernedoodle success.
Watch SwissRidge Kennels Interview
If you have decided to buy a dog for your family, you must have started to search out for different dogs. When you see the uniqueness and the beauty of the Bernedoodles, it will be your first choice. Now the next step is to find an experienced breeder who has a variety of Bernedoodles. It is very important to buy “hybrid dogs” from experienced breeders. In the case of Bernedoodles, it’s the most important thing. An experienced breeder knows everything about their Bernedoodles and tries to give every buyer a perfect dog matching with their temperament and nature.
The SwissRidge breeders are the most experienced, and you can choose them for buying Bernedoodle for your family. When you select the SwissRidge for buying the Bernedoodle for your home, your journey with the SwissRidge starts from that day. There are specific steps you need to follow for buying the Bernedoodle from SwissRidge Kennels.
- You need to visit the SwissRidge site and open the puppy menu tab and fill out the adoption form there. Tell them about your family and your plans to train your puppy. You can also select the color, size, gender, and coat of the Bernedoodle.
- After selection, you need to pay your dues accordingly.
- After the deposit, you need to wait, depending upon your selection. If you are flexible about your Bernedoodle, hopefully, you don’t need to wait for more. Especially when you are looking for a tri-color Bernedoodle, you need to wait long.
- You can join the SwissRidge Facebook Group when you are waiting for your puppy. By joining the Facebook Group, you can learn a lot about the Bernedoodles before arriving puppy.
- To get a rough idea about the timing, You can also check the list to see where you are standing on the list.
- You can also change your mind during your waiting period about the color and size of Bernedoodles.
- One day, you will receive an Email from the SwissRidge about your puppy. This Email is usually sent after the two weeks of puppy birth.
- There is an imprinting program in SwissRidge. During this program, your puppy will stay ten months extra with SwissRidge, where they learn some manners. So you are going to get a more mature puppy after that program.
- After 5 to 6 weeks, the SwissRidge kennel’s reconfirmed from you about your puppy. During all this waiting period, you will receive the photos of your puppy from the SwissRidge Kennel. You can also send your preferences about your puppy during this training period.
- When the Bernedoodle is seven weeks old, the SwissRidge performs the Volhard puppy Aptitude Test.
- After the test, the SwissRidge sends you the description of the pup, and you have a chance to accept or reject the puppy and pass it to anyone else. If you accept your puppy, you immediately post about it on Facebook Group.
- After the acceptance, you need to pick up your shipping options according to your location. The SwissRidge has an orientation session where you can meet with the owners. They can give you some perfect tips about your Bernedoodles.
- Moreover, SwissRidge always prefers to keep in touch with their clients, even after their purchase. They treat their Bernedoodles like family members. You can also contact them through their email, phone, or Facebook page if necessary.
The SwissRidge family is spread all over North America. They all have one meeting place, the Facebook Group. The Facebook Group is a perfect platform where all the owners can share their experiences. The SwissRidge family included the many main members, discussed below.
She is the mother of Sherry Rupke, the owner of SwissRidge Kennels. She registered herself as a nurse and devoted her whole life carrying about animals. At the age of 16, Sherry Rupke Introduce her mother to the Bernese. After some time, they decided to breed the Bernese. They grow the Bernese business with the perfect skills and knowledge of sherry Rupke.
After some time, Sherry Rupke handed over all the Business to her mother Patricia and took full interest in Goldendoodles. Now Sherry Rupke is the owner of SwissRidge Kennels.
Lucas is the SwissRidge Experienced trainer. He is a gifted trainer, and SwissRidge appointed him the job to work on Bernedoodle’s behavior. Dogs are the love of the Locus, and he is around the dogs since his childhood. He always tries to provide shelters to homeless dogs. Locus started the dogs training professionally for a security company at the age of 18 years. He has trained different dogs in his life. He is also a breeder of Cane Corso or Italian Mastiff.
The staff members in the office for different purposes are also dog lovers. They all have a great contribution to the production of intelligent, healthy, and unique Bernedoodles.
1. Mellonie Guillet
Mellonie Guillet works as an administrative, and May she is your first point of contact with the SwissRidge Bernedoodles. She is responsible for answering emails, phone calls, booking appointments, and booking flights, etc. She is responsible for answering all the quires of the existing and new members of the SwissRidge family.
2. LeeAnn Mackay
She is working as an operation manager in SwissRidge kennels since 2012. Mackay is responsible for managing all the operations related to Bernedoodles breeding. She is responsible for all the works like feeding, cleaning, and caring for Bernedoodles. She is also a dog lover, which makes her concentrate more on her work.
3. Stephanie McQuaid
Stephanie Mcquaid is an attendant at SwissRidge Kennels. She loves this job due to her love for dogs. She loves to play with dogs and also loves the fact dogs are making new families.
4. Jessie Blair
Blair works as an attendant at SwissRidge Kennels. She is a student of Queen University and also working at SwissRidge Kennels. She has different responsibilities, which include feeding, exercising, and cleaning out pens.
5. Chloe Anderson Duvall
She is also an attendant at SwissRidge Kennels. Duvall is a high school student with the life goal of becoming a veterinary technician. She has different responsibilities at SwissRidge with the other family members.
6. Jacquelyn Caldwell
She is also the attendant at SwissRidge with different responsibilities. She loves to bottle feed the puppies and love all other animals. So we can say that all the members of SwissRidge kennels are animal lovers; that’s why their dogs have some special attributes.
7. Cheryl Harcourt
She is a Groomer at SwissRidge Kennels. Her responsibility is to groom all the puppies before they go to their families. She is a professional groomer since 2003. She also belongs to a pet-lover family.
8. Jim Morris
Jim Morris has different responsibilities at SwissRidge. He is responsible for repairing, gardening, and also providing the shuttle service to the puppies when the puppies hand over to the families. The most binding thing for him to SwissRidge is dogs. He loves to spend the maximum time with puppies.
People get tired of taking care of their dogs and need some break to spend their time alone. Although it’s not easy to leave your dog, but we all need little break. So you don’t have to leave your puppy with any stranger. SwissRidge has the facility of Boarding. You can leave your dog with SwissRidge, knowing that your dog is in safe hands.
Moreover, when you leave the dog with SwissRidge, it stays at their home rather than the Kennels. SwissRidge homes have some rules so that you will get back a trained dog. Each dog at their home has a special timing for different purposes. You may need to book early, as they manage only a few dogs at home.
They charge around $55/ day for your dog. Your dog will stay there with other dogs, so an exit bath is necessary, which costs $50. You need to take some tests before dropping your dog in SwissRidge to maintain a healthy environment at SwissRidge.
SwissRidge has all kinds of Bernedoodles like standard, Miniature, Tiny and Australian Bernedoodles. All these Bernedoodles have different sizes and prices depending upon their demands. Usually, the tiny Bernedoodles are more expensive as compared to others due to their more demands. SwissRidge has the Bernedoodles with a variety of colors like single, Bi, and Tricolors with different coats.
You can visit their site SwissRidge Bernedoodles for available litters if they have any litter in stock. You can also purchase a mature dog from the SwissRidge Kennels with different genders. SwissRidge has Female Bernedoodles, Bernese, and poodles. They have the males Bernedoodles, Bernese, poodles, and Australian Labradoodles.
Bernedoodle is not just obtained from the perfect breeding. Training is an essential part of any Bernedoodle life. So you need to raise your puppy with perfect manners. SwissRidge has different training programs to give you an ideal puppy.
SwissRidge Training philosophy
Every trainer has a different mindset of training their puppies. They believe that Bernedoodle should listen and obey; that’s why they prefer to send their Bernedoodles to their families after the necessary training. They also give some basic training rules to the families to raise their puppy accordingly. These rules include the following points.
- You need to start your Bernedoodle training at an early age and keep that throughout the life span. Find out the things which your dog likes the most like praise, playing, or walking.
- Don’t overtrain or exercise; just keep each session small.
- Don’t miss the daily routine. Keep following the routine every day without missing it.
- You can also contact SwissRidge at any stage when you need some help.
Sometimes peoples ask for different training programs in the SwissRidge. They have different training programs with different packages.
You can leave your puppy for an extra one month with the SwissRidge Trainers. Lucas is also available to guide you according to your puppy.
Everyone needs an 8-month cute puppy at their home. There are a lot of issues with the eight months less-trained puppy. You don’t like the howling of your puppy in the crate at 3 a.m. Moreover, the 8-month less-trained puppy doesn’t know much about potty training. They need the maximum playtime in the day, but you may be at your work during the day. All these things can be negotiable if you get a good train dog for all these purposes.
The 4-month imprint program of the SwissRidge is all about the training of puppies for all these basic manners. This four-month program can minimize all your efforts to train your puppy for basic manners. You can enroll your puppy in the imprinting program after the 8-weeks. During the first four weeks, your puppy will learn the following basics.
- A puppy learns crate manners.
- Your puppy learns leash manners.
- Your puppy also learns some basic commands like sit down, come, and walk on a leash.
A puppy will learn the maximum after this program. We know all the puppies are somehow different from each other. So it’s possible, some of the puppies don’t understand the commands yet. This early imprint program makes the foundation for your puppy training. Even if you have missed this early training period of your puppy, you don’t need to worry about that. The puppies are normally in a learning mode for the first 16 weeks.
Obedience nature does not come in dogs naturally; you may see your dog is overexcited and do some strange things, especially when your dog sees some squirrel. Whenever a dog sees this vacancy of freedom, he wants to fill this vacancy, and the problems become more complex for you. Some minor changes can restore your dog to its normal position. SwissRidge can help you to restore your perfect dog according to your nature.
SwissRidge has different programs for restoring your dog. They have different sessions, like phone sessions and 1-hour sessions. You can also buy the silver, Bronze, Gold, or Platinum package.
Sometimes peoples are too busy and need a completely pre-trained dog to fit in their family. They need a perfect dog without doing any work. Now it’s possible with the SwissRidge Bernedoodles. You can get a completely obedient dog from the SwissRidge. The SwissRidge calls these dogs the “turnkey” dogs. SwissRidge is hand over these dogs to the people after the six months of their birth. Pre-Trained dogs usually have all the below pieces of training.
- These dogs are fully trained for the family environment and crate manners. These dogs know how to behave with other people and dogs.
- Dogs are fully responsive to commands like sit down, come, and walk as compared to imprint program puppies.
- These dogs don’t pull and well- versed in leash etiquette.
- These are very socialized dogs with people and new places( from a trip point of view).
You need to contact earlier if you want an older dog with full training. You don’t need to worry about the bonding of these older dogs. The SwissRidge provides you with all the instructions and helps to make your bonding stronger.
Some commonly asked questions:
What is the difference between Bernedoodle and Goldendoodle?
When we talk about the fun, playful nature, and intelligence, the Bernedoodles, and the Goldendoodles are the same. The one difference is that the Bernedoodles are more headstrong than the Goldendoodle. This difference is more prominent in the puppy stage but disappears as the puppy grows up. Many Goldendoodles enjoy the water, and the Bernedoodles also love swimming. Bernedoodles are uncomfortable in the hot environment as compared to Goldendoodles. So, there are some differences between bernedoodle and Goldendoodle.
What are the grooming requirements of the Bernedoodles?
All the Bernedoodles have hair that needs a regular brush to prevent them from matting. You also need to clip the Bernedoodle hairs every 8 to 12 weeks. Clearly guide the groomer about the Bernedoodle grooming as most of the groomer doesn’t care about the different sizes. You can take your puppy to the groomer after the complete course of vaccines. You also need to clean your ears and nails as well.
Are the SwissRidge dogs are spayed?
Yes, all the SwissRidge dogs are spayed and neutered. If you need the Bernedoodle for breeding purposes, the SwissRidge also provides those dogs in exceptional cases. All the SwissRidge dogs come in a non-breeding agreement, but you can make the agreement by hand for a Bernedoodle for breeding purposes.
What is the Health Guarantee of SwissRidge Bernedoodles?
SwissRidge immensely cares about their Bernedoodles, especially from the health point of view. They take their dogs to the vet on time. They give two years guarantee against dysplasia and hereditary disease. If your dog gets any of this disease, you need to contact SwissRidge immediately. The SwissRidge may replace the Bernedoodle or provide a refund half price.
What are the long term projects of the SwissRidge?
The long term goals of the SwissRidge include the production of intelligent and great temperament Bernedoodles and Goldendoodle in different sizes and colors. They are also looking to develop a unique “SwissRidge doodle,” which includes the crossing of perfect tri-colored, medium-sized, and non-shedding dogs. SwissRidge plans to produce these hybrid dogs by using their own special dogs. SwissRidge is already focusing on some puppies for this purpose.