Mini Bernedoodles are the most demanding and size of the Bernedoodles due to its’ average size as compared to a bigger size and the tiny Bernedoodles. You can get the Mini Bernedoodles in different ways depending upon the generation of the Bernedoodles.
Still, the main crossing is the same that will be between the Bernese mountain dog and the Miniature poodle. The size of the Bernedoodles will depend upon the size of the Bernese mountain dog and the poodle. Let’s see the different ways of getting the Miniature Bernedoodles depending upon the generations of the Bernedoodles.
Different ways of getting Miniature Bernedoodle
There are three main generations of the Miniature Bernedoodles, which are F1, F1b, and F2 generation.
- In the first generation of the Miniature Bernedoodles, the Bernese mountain dog is cross with the original Miniature poodle. From this cross, we get a Miniature Bernedoodle in the average size range of 25 to 49 pounds weight, which is almost the same as the other generations.
- When we talk about the F1b generation Miniature Bernedoodles, in this cross, a Bernedoodle of the F1 generation crossed with the Miniature poodle to get the Miniature Bernedoodle, there is no much difference in the weight when we compare it with the F1 generation Bernedoodle.
- The third one is the F2 generation Miniature Bernedoodle which is obtained by crossing the male Bernedoodle with the Miniature female Bernedoodle. When we talk about weight, there is no much difference as compared to other generations.
- Some people also use the taller mini poodle or a small Moyen poodle with the Bernese mountain dog to get the Miniature Bernedoodle dog. Some people try to use the toy poodle with the Bernese mountain dog, but this cross can produce a puppy with small legs and a long body.
All the above ways are not easy as we know it is not a natural crossing. You must need some proper knowledge about the Bernedoodle breeding before crossing the poodle and Bernese mountain dog. Try to prevent this crossing if you don’t have a good experience with the Bernedoodle crossing. A lot of health issues can be arises due to improper crossing.
From all the above discussion, we can see that it’s not an easy task to get a Miniature Bernedoodle. You can use the Mini poodle to get the Miniature Bernedoodle of different generations. But make sure to have good knowledge of the Bernedoodle breeding. It can lead the Bernedoodle with some severe health problems.
Read Some Famous F.A.Qs:
- Why Bernedoodle puppies are so expensive?
- How big a Bernedoodle can get?
- When to spay a Bernedoodle?
- What is an F1b Bernedoodle?
- Is Bernedoodle aggressive?